Friday, September 18, 2009

Rick the Wooly Bear Caterpiller

Cade came home from school yesterday with the biggest smile on his face, which is VERY unusual for him. All this excitement came from his new pet! Tucked away in a pocket of his backpack was Rick, a wooly bear caterpiller. Now I know he is a wooly bear because Cade and I spent who knows how long looking him up on google. We learned how to feed him, and give him a proper house. He is truly excited about him and stands around watching him and caring for him. He even put him in the car so I could take him to work with me and make sure he was ok. Sadly, I don't think Rick will be able to turn into that Tiger Moth he was destin to be since we don't have his originial food plant (who knew that was so important!) I'm thinking guinea pig should be our next pet, both physically and literally. ♥

1 comment:

JSGM said...

How cool Cade...love his name and his house...one day I need to tell you a story about my "collection" I kept in my room when I was little, until my mom found out that is.