Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Tooth Fairy is a liar.....

Scene I: Aric pulled his tooth out in anticipation of the Tooth Fairy bringing him money.

Reality: Tooth Fairy fell asleep and forgot to come.
Outcome: Aric managed to blame himself saying he moved around a lot during
the night and his tooth got pushed to the side. Being the good parents we are
we went with that story unable to come up with anything better.
Scene II: Aric went to bed again with tooth under pillow.

Reality: Tooth Fairy remembered! Put $2 under pillow with a note saying thanks for the
second chance.

Outcome: Aric awoke, found note, found me and demanded to know why I wrote that note!

Conclusion: At this point Jess joined us and we explained as gently as we could that we were actually the Tooth Fairy. His response was not one we expected......at all. He immediately teared up, shouted that we were LIARS and tried to push past us to retreat to his room. We were talking pretty fast at this point trying to calm him down, while restraining him, and explaining that he could not ruin it for the other two who still believe. He wanted no part of it! In his mind we lied, played a cruel joke and he WOULD NOT be "playing along". I started to panic thinking what have we done? How are we going to convince him that this was supposed to be fun and cute and memorable? After a few minutes, Jess was able to work his magic on him. He agreed to not tell his siblings and we agreed to not make him an accomplice to our lies.

Moral of the story: You're better off not forgetting to put the money under the pillow!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! That's like my Mom of the Year moment with Maddox this last Christmas ... is Santa real? Oh boy - I blogged about that one! LOL!

poopsie said...

oh my gosh...so funny!!!

Diane said...

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing so hard right now. The tooth fairy has fallen alseep many times and has missed our home too. I have done the not thing, it worked for us. LOL! I hope you have not scared your child for life. :)

The Sold's said...

that is sad..... :( has he forgiven you yet?