Friday, April 3, 2009

Bend 09'

One thing you may not know about me is that I truly am a "blonde" when it comes to driving. I have lived in Oregon my entire life and practically in the same place for almost 34 years. You would think I would know my way around the entire state by now but unfortunately I have not a clue. It wasn't until my senior year in high school that I realized I drove over I-205 everyday on my way to school. It's also pretty sad that once when I was forced to take a detour I just followed whoever was in front of me hoping that I would end up some place that looked remotely familiar and able to find my way back home. Needless to say Jess always drives whenever we are riding together. If I do have to go somewhere unfamiliar he will either do a practice drive with me or has now found the wonderful world of google maps with street views! Anyhow, what I'm getting at is at the end of Spring Break I decided to be adventurous and drive the kids to Bend to visit my brother and family. Wow! you would have thought I was driving to Nebraska with everyone calling and questioning if I was really going to drive there......by myself. Apparently they have little faith in me or just know my track record. Long story short WE MADE IT AND BACK! I was so proud of myself and now my poor sister-in-law is going to have a lot more company.....more often!

2 comments:

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

Have you ever traveled from Portland to Bend via Sacramento??? According to Jodie it's a really pretty drive...

Sincerely,
Your loving husband

Diane said...

LOL! Good job, glad you made it safe and had fun.
I'm pretty good finding my way but I have gotten turned around a time or two. For Christmas, Randy bought me a GPS. I LOVE this thing!
Who cares about finding my way, it tells me where shops and resturants are. :)