Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ping

THE ANSWER: No, not until you're older, never, no way, absolutely not and don't even ask.

THE QUESTION: Can we PLEASE have a dog????


Well we didn't get a dog but we did dog sit for the last ten days and it went GREAT! I'm a sucker for easy money and thought it would be a great way to see just how we would do as a family with a "real" pet. Our first day did not go so well with three potty accidents on the carpet. Jess was not very happy and I was beginning to think this was going to be the longest 10 days of my life having to clean up after this dog and listen to Jess say, "I told you so." Maybe the dog was just mad at his owner for leaving him but after the first day we didn't have any more problems. He was a great dog that loved to snuggle in my lap, play with the kids and went pretty much everywhere with us. All the kids were wonderful caretakers and once Cade and Avery figured out they could pay Aric to be the pooper scooper everyone was happy. Does this mean we're ready for a dog? Nope. Although I loved having him and if he needed a home I would take him in a heartbeat I'm just not ready. Hopefully his owner will take lots of trips and we'll just be his surrogate owners. ♥

1 comment:

Diane said...

ha ha ha, I'm glad that you had fun with the little dog. Lots of love but lots of work.