Friday, October 24, 2008

Birthday Parties

I am going to be completely honest and admit that I STRONGLY DISLIKE kids parties (Jess said I shouldn't say hate.) Don't get me wrong the kids were good but everything about these parties STRESSES ME OUT! I can say this because today was Aric's "kid" birthday party. I'm pretty sure it's the NOISE, chaos, NOISE, food, NOISE, smelly boys, NOISE, all in all craziness and did I mention the NOISE??? We had 7 nine-year old boys ride the bus home after school today to enjoy pizza, brownies, icecream and then off to laser tag. It was all I could do to keep from climbing the walls. Imagine 7 boys playing Rock Band all wanting to be lead singer or a game of football where it takes 30 minutes to decide who is on who's team. PLEASE! When does this stop? I know I need to get a grip but I can feel the number of invitees dwindling in the years to come. Like, lets say maybe one person.....would that be mean? Here is a short video of our car ride to laser tag....I think you will understand about the volume.

4 comments:

JSGM said...

Okay seriously...did you make the brownies with Starbucks Espresso? Poor Cade trying to endure the noise level just like you. Hope Aric had fun with his friends, Happy Birthday. XO, Sherri

poopsie said...

that is hilarious and i LOVE your honesty! i am with you on that-just the few seconds i heard was enough for me. :)

Diane said...

Oh my, I'm right there with you!

Tyffany said...

Wow, I have to say LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!! Yikes, makes me more sure that maybe my 5 year old will only get to invite one or 2.... you are a BRAVE woman.