Monday, October 13, 2008

A hunting we will go....

One of the requirements of my marriage was that I would be able to "camp out" for at least 7 days without running water, hot showers, telephones, etc... After 12+ years I think I've passed. It's not every one's idea of a dream vacation but I can tell you that this was one of the best and we didn't even get any deer. You might be asking yourself what is so great? I'll try and sum it up for you: no schedules, no practices, no computers, no telephones, endless football games, mini bikes, hiking, BB guns, Dinosaur adventures, movie night, family, friends, sleeping in, going to town for icecream, riding in the back of the truck, reading books, coloring, card games, smores, snow ball fights, snow cones, wood stoves, no diets and endless amounts of candy! Who could ask for anything more.








4 comments:

Tyffany said...

That looks so fun! I love camping in the fall!!

Brahmstadts said...

It actually sounds great, if you ask my family....that is a dream vacation. Glad you had a great week.

Brahmstadts said...

Cool Elk mount Aric. Those are awesome. unbelievable to find something like that!

JSGM said...

So happy to hear you enjoyed the annual hunting trip so much this year. I don't think I could go seven days without showering, shaving, curling my hair and bubble baths but so proud of you and great memories for the kids. XOXO Sherri