Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Indoor football







When I bought the flag football set for Cade for Christmas my goal was for the boys to play OUTSIDE!!! They could gather their neighborhood friends and burn off energy and enjoy the game of football. Little did I know that it would be raining for days on end and the field would be set up in my living room with dad as the opposing team. Let me remind you that dad has deemed this the "no-kids" room not because our couches are free from stains or the carpet is clear of any mysterious spots. He just likes one room in our quaint home to remain clutter free unless, that is, if it is being used as our football field. Before I could even get the dishes cleared from the table the game was set up and on with Aric/Avery vs. Dad. Cade got to view from the sidelines (dinner table) because he refused to eat the lasagna that dad cooked for dinner. Which by the way was fabulous with the Bruschetta that he made from scratch. It didn't last long before we had flags thrown and the word "cheater" thrown around. The kids were no match for dad and I believe his ending words were "I own you!"

1 comment:

Diane said...

Nice living room wall color.
(wink, wink) :)Love it!